Software to inspect plastic film, foil, paper and non-wovens.
Surface inspection is an advanced tool that inspects for defects on film, paper and foil. The algorithm will detect any anomalies in what should be a homogeneous material. It's often used as a quality and process control solution for the plastic film industry. It as been used to inspect clear, translucent, pigmented, blown, cast, oriented or calendared film or sheets.
Systems built using ImageFlow and the adaptive surface tool use commercial off the shelf components, available globally via local distributors. This results in a lower cost of ownership for the end user, enables the upgrade of older systems and removes the threat of obsolescence.#Installed on the extruder, coating line, lamination lines or finishing department , FilmFlow detects various defects such as gels, carbons, inclusions, contamination, insects, die lines, holes, tears , smears, and more.
A colored alarm light tower can alert an operator immediately when a defect is detected, according to predefined quality thresholds. The system visually indicates the position and the nature of all detected defects on screen. The operator can then address the problem, and correct the relevant defect reducing inline waste. FilmFlow automatically records the relevant defect information in the database reporting mechanism which enable easy tracing of the marked defects for later analysis and cleaning.
The software is capable of triggering taggers, marking devices or stopping a line in order to remove defective product. The system operation is easy and operators can be trained in minutes. The setup for a job is performed in a guided sequence, is intuitive, and is self-explanatory.The adaptive surface inspection tool is designed to inspect homogeneous surfaces such as plastics, paper, non-woven or foils. It is self adaptive so sets itself up so the operator does not have to make adjustments.
Defects detected include:
- Dent detection
- Dark Spots
- Water Stains
- Fish Eyes
- Fractured Melts
- Wrinkle detection
- Coating voids
- Adapt when no defects or continuously update. This feature enables the tool to adapt to normal substrate variations and ambient conditions while optimizing the segmentation of anomalies.
- Supports up to 40 feature including shape, location, orientation and intensity to enable classification.
- Configurable decision system to classify anomaly as defect, or event.
- Decision matrix to alarm operator , save defect image and if alarm is to be generated.
- Interfaces with web edge detection for accurate location tracking and trim masking.
- Gel counting.
- Defect detection in film paper or foils.
- Lamination inspection.
- Glue application inspection.
- Coating or lacquer inspection.