Advanced print inspection tools for inspecting patterns applied to plastic film
The print inspection tool is designed to inspect flexible packaging, labels, screen print, corrugated cases, folding cartons or printed electronics. The algorithm is unique in that it is what we call pattern based adaptive. The software will analyze the printed patterns, and based on configured guidelines optimize the inspection based on the content and color of the pattern. The tool includes three distinct inspection routines in one. Print inspection can be tuned to inspect flexo, gravure , offset, ink jet and screen printing processes. Any repeating pattern can be analyzed in real time and anomalies segmented and classified.
Typical defects detected include.
- Missing Print
- Smearing, Toning and Hazing
- Substrate Issues
- Doctor Blade Streaks
- Drying in
- Color variations
- Color Fading
ImageFlow's print inspection tool is an easy to use golden template inspection. Choose a template from the gallery, or acquire a new one. There is no limit to number of jobs and the operator can choose from any number of preset quality levels. See our 3 in 1 wizard below.
Print inspection is a comprehensive tool rich with functionality with some of key features listed below:
- 3 in 1 Print inspection using smart pattern adaptive techniques.
- Template library for easy job recall.
- Optional PDF interface for design file check on new jobs.
- No operator interaction required from job to job.
- Running density variation algorithm to detect hazing, lacquer skips and color variation.
- Supports up to 40 feature including shape, location, orientation and intensity to enable classification.
- Configurable decision system to classify anomaly as defect, or event.
- Decide to alarm operator , save defect image and if alarm is to be generated.
- Masking for die cuts.
- Flexible packaging.
- Tags and labels.
- Flexible circuits.
- Metal decorating.
- Glass printing.
- Screen printing.
- Label counting.
- Carton serialization.
- Label serialization.
ImageFlow is completely configurable. There is no need for coding. ImageFlow is designed to take advantage of commercial multi threaded processors to enhance performance. It is a pipeline image processor so the inspection is optimized to run in real time and process large images.
To learn more access our white papers or for a free consultation, contact us now. OneBoxVision operates globally with solution partners in North America, Europe and Asia.