PIXA - 100% Print inspection for roll and sheets.
The PIXA is a complete turnkey machine vision solution designed for 100% inspection on printed substrates. The PIXA will detect defects and track them through the manufacturing process. Options for the following applications are available:
- Flexible packaging.
- Tags and labels.
- Flexible circuits.
- Metal decorating.
- Glass printing.
- Screen printing.
PIXA's algorithms are unique
The software will analyze the printed patterns, and based on configured guidelines optimize the inspection based on the content and color of the pattern. The pattern is analyzed in real time and anomalies segmented and classified.
Typical defects detected include.
- Missing Print
- Smearing, Toning and Hazing
- Substrate Issues
- Doctor Blade Streaks
- Drying in
- Color variations
- Color Fading
The PIXA uses the tri-linear color cameras and LED lighting. The processors are commercial industrial solutions and all parts are housed in rugged enclosures.
Print inspection is a comprehensive tool rich with functionality with some of key features listed below:
- 3 in 1 Print inspection using smart pattern adaptive techniques.
- 100% Densitometry to monitor color, lacquer and gloss.
- CopyCheck verifies print copy on very repeat.
- Template library for easy job recall.
- Optional PDF interface for design file check on new jobs.
- No operator interaction required from job to job.
- Running density variation algorithm to detect hazing, lacquer skips and color variation.
- Supports up to 40 feature including shape, location, orientation and intensity to enable classification.
- Configurable decision system to classify anomaly as defect, or event.
- Decide to alarm operator , save defect image and if alarm is to be generated.
- Masking for die cuts.
- Store all results for each roll, including images of defects.
- Interface to tagger or spray systems.
- Image display for the operator in real time.
PIXA is a commercial off the shelf solution. This lowers your cost and reduces risk. To learn more contact us for a free consultation. OneBoxVision operates globally with solution partners in North America, Europe and Asia